Where does Smart Navigation appear to the user?
- Smart Navigation can be added on the store's home page, collection page, product page, and mobile burger menu.
Can I customize which products are shown in Smart Navigation?
- Smart Navigation is managed by DataMilk AI, but we have the ability to block any product or category pages based on text or specific URL if there are certain products you don't want to have recommended.
How does it work?
- Smart Navigation is powered by DataMilk’s ranking models. We maximize expected revenue for each session given the user’s browsing history on the site and other available signals, ranging from device and connectivity to UTM source and referrer. This creates a unique ranking for each user.
- To build the quick-nav carousel, we automatically pull images and text from your site. We even detect and show the most-clicked image from each collection page to help maximize CTR.
- Carousel images change dynamically based on CTR data aggregated over 2 weeks.
- Smart Navigation also has an auto-detection mechanism to prevent broken images or links from surfacing to the carousel.